A Bare Bones Autobiography Outline
This simple bare bones autobiography outline template uses two key failures and a success, the classic three-act dramatic structure that has enthralled theatre-going
audiences for centuries. It is meant as a quick and practical choice for beginning an autobiography or teaching about traditional autobiographical structure.
Each of these categories
- Focal Point of your autobiography : The driving force in my life has been my need to:
- (Introductory setup leading to goal) The first evidence of this need can be traced back to when I decided to:
- (First major life turning point) My first attempt to achieve this goal failed when I:
- (Complications)This resulted in the following success or failure:
- (Complications)That success or failure caused me to:
- (Complications)The next major hurdle I faced was when:
- (Point when all seems well but can't last) As a result of that, I (a) changed direction completely or (b) was encouraged by my success to:
- (Second, and most difficult major life turning point) The most difficult time in my life, and perhaps the biggest hurdle to my success/happiness was when:
- As a result of that setback, I chose to:
- (Climax) It is this choice, more than anything else, that has led to my success today:
- (Wrap up) Looking at myself today, I'm happy to have achieved: a) what I wanted b) more than what I wanted or c) something I didn't know I wanted until I found it:
acts as a rough chapter divider. Develop each section to provide traditional structure, focus, and movement to your autobiography.
For help understanding how to develop each chapter, look at the professional autobiographies below for ideas about what to include in each section.
I favour autobiographies that utilize very short scenes, such as in Gandhi An Autobiography , and Autobiography of a Fat Bride, but the chapter style books illustrate
the basic narrative structure suggested above. Each of these books has a "look inside" button that will allow you to see the table of contents (note that
a table of contents is really a detailed autobiography outline):
Gandhi An Autobiography: The Story of My Experiments With Truth
Autobiography of a Face
From A Name to A Number: A Holocaust Survivor's Autobiography
Autobiography of a Fat Bride: True Tales of a Pretend Adulthood
The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography (Oprah's Book Club)
Help us Grow. Please click below to tell your friends that you LIKE the free creative writing help and information on this site:
Learn How to Write an Autobiography
Writing an Autobiography
Return from A Bare Bones Autobiography Outline to the Home page
|Feel free to share A Bare Bones Autobiography Outline if you find it helpful.
Article: A Bare Bones Autobiography Outline.
Author: Pearl Luke.
Article source: www.be-a-better-writer.com/autobiography-outline.html.
Do you need
content for your ezine, blog, or website? This article is free to use. All I ask in return is that you use it exactly as is, with no changes, and that you keep this
source box intact, with a working link back to my website.