Creative Writing Prompt 3: Rock Sculpture
Writing Prompt: Margaret hikes into the foothills, and comes across a life-sized sculpture carved into the rock along one side of the path. Describe her response to the sculpture.
Questions to Consider:
- Can she recognize the subject of the sculpture or is it an abstract image?
- What is her initial reaction when she first sees it?
- Is the sculpture freshly finished, or does it have a weathered look?
- What does the sculpture represent to Margaret?
- How does she feel upon viewing it from different angles?
- Will she tell others about it or keep its presence secret?
- Has she been on this path before?
- Does she touch it? Climb on it?
- Does she wonder about the sculptor, about his or her gender?
- What is her feeling on leaving it??